02 April 2011

Spring re-*newal* or re-*fusal*????

No more discussions of holidays. It's so freaking depressing that I just can't stand it. In a previous life, I would be picking up pink and green and blue treasures made of sugar and chocolate, and planning more kid surprises, and I just can't think about that right now. So, bye bye holiday that sounds like the name of a Greek goddess and has mostly to do with a good boiled rabbit over the heath.

This weekend, it will be about a simple Sunday dinner in the crock pot . . . a turkey or chicken or soup made of lentils. Avoid candy as much as possible until further notice. I will put the idea of "resurrection" back where it belongs . . . in Baba's hands . . . and imagine what HE might say about a weird *springish* season in New England that just survived another snowfall and has very little blooming right now.

In true Christian fashion, I will praise Jesus and thank Him for the voluntary bloodletting. Considering how sick I have felt lately, I am so grateful for the infusion of something substantial and pure in this world, no matter how long ago it happened. Baba is no fraidy cat, either, and allowed His blood to be shed in car accidents on two continents, as well as enduring a horrible life ending that included blood transfusions and all kinds of painful indignities to His body. This on top of mental suffering and never ending work for the upliftment of humanity . . . men of dignity and honor, love and service, no matter how you want to decorate your scripture book. Thank you, darlings, and accept my eternal gratitude, praise, and prayers that I am worthy of a place in Your world in any way.

For me, life continues as I hope for a new future with some good times to come. Bloodshed aside, I've shed enough tears to qualify for at least a little poetry writing perhaps, if not scripture. Africa awaits, always, and if I don't "make it in Massachusetts" this time, there is a nice game preserve in Kenya that looks like it has some hungry lions. Hey, the Christians in Rome weren't afraid to face the toothy King of the Pride . . . it's always an option if I am feeling historically accurate to my spiritual path. Keep an open mind for me, though, because I don't have the money for airfare right now.

Ok, then, There's a happy "spring" thought full of sardonic good nature. Mazel tov.

No comments: