14 October 2010

More Poetry

The Tree

The tree is the hiding place
for nuts in winter.
Are they playing or fighting,
the ones who can climb it?
A wild eye, chattering teeth,
heart fluttering with the breath,
They race around the trunk
endlessly protecting what they think
is theirs.
The tree is unmoved by
the grey, furry game.
It shelters the nuts,
the squirrels,
the grass,
as if they all were one.



The Nurses

I have seen these women before
in a vague dream.
They are healers.
Her skin is bad,
and I am grateful
for all she has done
helping others.
I wonder how
a woman in a pink shirt
can be so blessed
with clear skin
and helping hands.



The Braid

My hair is too thin
to be this long.
I must wear it
in a twist
upon my head.
Will they cut my braid
when I die?



A Fat Girl

I eat constantly
and drink deep.
I love chocolate
and avocados,
but I am full.



One

One in all things
and yet apart.
The nameless existence
Speaks.



Today

When will I be full?
Today.
When will I have peace?
Today.
What is the answer?
Today.
Where are You?
Today.



The Blood

My suffering is bliss,
And I stab myself.
The blood is painless.
The wound does not burn.
Yet I am here
writing with this razor.



Candy

I am gaining weight.
Always the candy on my tongue
grows heavier and sweeter.
I drink it in,
and spill it from my lips.
It cannot quench the thirst
of the one who sips it.
But, the one who soaks in it
will finally taste it.



The Mirage

My heart is restless and I want to run
forward into the mirage.
The breath is hard to catch,
The limbs are heavy,
The guts are laden and bloated,
This garment no longer hides the
    nakedness,
And my restlessness is only the
    shadow of nothing.

No comments: