21 August 2010

A new poem

I will be adding this poem to the poetry page shortly, but wished to post it here, first.

If I have retired, I am quite happy with my retirement plans — which include much candle lighting and poetry writing. Possibly, there will be some cooking and celebrating of holidays . . . but we will see about that. There could, potentially, be some beach sitting out there . . . or RV trips across America. I'm happy eliminating international travel completely, but under duress will consider it.

In the meantime . . . please enjoy this new work, which I am titling:

Friends

in the game of love and loss
there is no Monica, there is no Ross

in the game of show and tell
there is no heaven, there is no hell

in the game of hit the ball
there is no coach for one and all

in the game of hide and seek
there is no lion, there is no meek

in the game of truth or dare
all is love, all is fair
if you're feeling hornery
better think about the bee

if you're feeling bluish
better think . . . am I Jewish?

if you answer "I'm a Jew!"
be happy, friends,

'cause I'm one, too!!!!!

Blessed be!!! Hail Mary!!! Mazel tov!!! Shalom!!! Amen.



No comments: