21 August 2010

Oh, the Humanity

From Eruch Jessawala, in The Ancient One, pps. 41-42
At the decision-taking meeting held at Meherabad on August 31, 1949, there was one individual who told Meher Baba that he was caught in a dilemma which prevented him from making up his mind whether or not to join Baba in the New Life. This man was a devout lover of Baba who had a fine voice and used to sing devotional songs of his own composition which he followed up with talks about Baba. He had given himself over to this self-assigned work with such gusto that eventually many whom he introduced to Baba, began to look upon him as a Master although he never called himself such.
         When asked by Baba to explain the nature of the problem that faced him, he said, "Baba, there are so many people who have been coming to our meetings to hear about You, that we have hired a large hall and it has already been furnished. To give it up in a month's time in order to be with You will be difficult, so can I be allowed to join You in the New Life as soon as I finish this work?"
         "How long with it take?" Baba asked.
         "By the end of the year I'll be ready to join You," he answered.
         "By the end of the year the training period will be over, but you can join me," Baba told him.
         Unfortunately however, it turned out that this individual never joined the New Life because he was unable to shed certain attachments which had been allowed to form and to which he had become addicted. And therein lies a lesson for all.
         There is undoubtedly much pleasure and enjoyment in sitting around and talking about Meher Baba, but when that is over we must not forget to give ourselves a collective shaking in order to free us from any wrongful attachment which may develop. The attachment to which I refer, can develop from listener to speaker or vice versa, and it was this process which took place in the case of the devout lover in question. He became so drenched with the admiration that he drew from his listeners that he forgot to shake himself out of it and fell a victim to its enchantment.
I feel so honestly blessed, truthfully my friends, that the struggles I have gone through to try and reach my own version of The New Life have brought out mostly negative reactions instead of positive ones.

At every turn, for as long as I can remember, I have been ridiculed and shunned for believing in God. I don't know what kind of lives some of you have led . . . but in my birth family, discussions of religion were absolutely taboo, unless someone was making a really ugly joke at Jesus' expense.

My family is so incredibly stoked by the complexity of their intellectual prowess that they can't see the forest for the trees. They are brilliant . . . every one of them. They understand how the world works, completely. They are practical, and logical and highly motivated and ambitious. They are adventurous and fearless in the face of nearly every challenge that is thrown at them. I am talking about my mother, father, brother, sister, and every single step-, half-, and friend that ever walked through our door growing up. The challenge was out there . . . from birth . . . to become fabulous and brainy, and make good money doing it.

When God started "talking to me" in 1999 . . . the horror of it was too much for my family to bear. "Holy Shit," I could hear them collectively cry. "We've got a retard on our hands."

I say that word BRAVELY . . . because I know you all have used it, at least once. Regardless of the falsity of the world of "political correctness" . . . there is not a single person alive today who has not been called a retard on the playground. Welcome to my world — where, whether you like it or not, TRUTH prevails.

Backlash from negative energy is strong, folks. Whether you want to believe it or not . . . the judgments and criticisms that you put out into the universe are monumental in their effectiveness for destruction. When you are critical of people in your life . . . when you respond unkindly, or ungenerously to people . . . even people you think you love . . . the TRUTH is out there and there's no taking it back.

When you are jealous of your children, or angry at your mother, or unforgiving of your sister . . . WWIII is coming to your house AND FAST.

So, for all the intellectuals out there, and all my critics, just remember . . . this Earth is my home. I don't expect anybody here to kiss my ass . . . they never have . . . but, I am quite sure that karma exists. And, yes, really . . . THIS WILL GO DOWN ON YOUR PERMANENT RECORD.

No comments: