13 November 2010

Blasphemy

Yesterday, Derek told me that it was "unscientific" to talk to (and hear from) God. He didn't really say it in exactly those words, but this has been a longstanding discussion I have been having with this dear one, for a long time, and I am well aware of his opinion on this subject. My darling Derek, for all his resemblance to Jesus (he did, after all, rise from the dead!!!) is a hard one to sell anything "spiritual" to. He is a dyed-in-the-wool skeptic and scientist, and he wants *proof.*

I guess all the chattering I do, out loud, to people I am thinking of and entities who pester me, is not enough scientific proof for most people that I actually experience this stuff. Any bizarre person on the street can do that, and it really has no meaning, overall . . . right? The people who do this stuff end up homeless and in mental hospitals, mostly (yup, I've been there on both counts) and all that scientific stuff we do to them in those hospitals always seems to ***cure*** them . . . right??? Because, science is so sure that *they* are the crazy ones, right????

What I have had the hardest time convincing Derek of is that I AM a scientist . . . to the core!!! I call myself a "science experiment" all the time. I've tried all kinds of medication to "cure" myself of this mental illness, and I have experimented with all kinds of adjustments so that I can have a normal life. I've tried long term psychotherapy (years of it!!), ancient healing techniques from the East, the "location" cure (if you are unhappy in one spot . . . move!), having relationships, leaving relationships, staying close to family members, rejecting family members . . . I've tried everything I can think of, and I have done it very scientifically. And, today, I feel a lot better!!! I feel GOOD, even. Doesn't that appear to be sound medicine and a methodical approach to healing? Experimental method. hmm.

All I can say is, I believe in God *and* dinosaurs. I believe in God *and* evolution. I believe in God *and* DNA. I believe in God *and* physics, mathematics, chemistry, biology and all the wonderful achievements of science. To me, God is the *ultimate* scientist . . . and I really love Him for it.

No comments: